Thursday, March 18, 2010

Minor setbacks for world domination...

Well, I miscalculated my college credit availability and all four of my classes for Spring Quarter have been dropped.

I know.

So, I'm filing an appeal to perhaps get more funding for future quarters, and as for Spring quarter, I may be able to scrape up enough money for one class and get on the wait list (which I was not on before!) because I know I am guaranteed to get in even if I don't make it off the wait list.

In other news, I think I may be getting straight A's this quarter again, though I am not sure yet. Especially since I still have to do my math final tomorrow morning, but that should be a piece of cake.

Another disappointment -- I've gone back to the earlier posts on this blog and one other and have found that THE COMMENTS FOR HUNDREDS OF POSTS ARE GONE!

In posts that had formerly been teeming with comments, they have been erased, and it seems to me that this happened because I activated the Captcha screening devices so that robots could not leave spam.

Did I back up the posts on my hard drives? Yes. Did I think to back up the comments afterward? Of course not. Instead, I waited until now to do so and found the earlier ones, back to 2007, are missing.

I really must work on my lack of foresight.

What a lively and humorous bunch those people were, back when I was part of the blogging community. I've been rather down and out of it since I've been so focused on school, not really able to keep up with all of their blogs, and so the comments have diminished.

Here's hoping I get more efficient with my time and stop bungling everything up. I mean, if I'm going to take over the world, I had better not make these kinds of stupid mistakes.

Thus, I continue to struggle in my endeavors, now without the benefit of mechanical henchmen to make my life easier. I suppose it is all for the better. I must learn to manage myself before I can manage such a tremendous undertaking as world domination.

I'll be back after the post-finals celebrations are over this weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The sketches in you other blog are delightful; you, my dear Spoony, are even more delightful!

Spoony Quine said...

Thank you, Nick! And I'm pleased to say I'm now taking Spanish and English this quarter! I'll have to stop by your blog whenever I get a break from studying!