Friday, March 27, 2009

Photos for March 2009... NOT!

Well, I finally got all my photos ready, but now, for the nth time, my current photo hosting site has gone out and I'm now rediscovering exactly why most of them don't work.

I thought Free Image Hosting would be perfect, but then I saw that there's NO way to get it to work on my blog without the photos displayed at full size, and since most of them are wider than the blog (most of them are) that completely wrecks the html of the whole blog!

This is the first and only photo I've uploaded here (from the beginning of March), and unfortunately it is the farthest from the best, but it will have to continue going undisplayed anyway:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?d8ebcb7c5f.jpg

Yet another waste of kilobytes.

Webshots could have also been a good choice, but similarly I recall that there is no way to control the size the photo or thumbnail is displayed on one's blog.
` I have many of my photos on PhotoLava, but that site is so slow that it takes ten tries to upload each photo, three minutes per try, and most of them don't display afterward.
` In fact, I changed my entire folder system for photos so that each one contains just a few photos because not many at a time could be displayed. Now I'm stuck with some serious folder annoyances, constantly having to go from folder to folder if I want to actually look at them.
` Photobucket, on the other hand, just screws up whatever photos I put on there, and makes you have an account, so I have a tiny photo album there with a few random photos on it and don't want to get rid of it even though I hate it, because a few are active.
` Both my ImageShack accounts have been full for the past two years, to the point that it started deleting a photo for every new one I uploaded, so there's no way to make that work, either.

I wish Facebook would work, too, but it shrinks all my photos to about 1/6 original size, which is way too small for 99% of my photos - can barely even make them out.

Let's see... I have no idea if IXDrive's images disappear after a month, but I'm willing to try that one.

Here's the same photo, displayed:



I hope I've found what I've been looking for!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds as if Internet sites and applications just ain't providing for your needs. I hope that I am not being presumptive, but why not just post the photos and let the read click om them to enlarge their size as I have done here. Left mouse-click on the photo to see what I mean.

Alex says "Hi."

Spoony Quine said...

Thanks for coming by, Nick! And actually, that's the only way I do it!

Hi Alex!

Camemberu said...

Try Flickr.com?

Spoony Quine said...

Hmmm, I guess so. Haven't tried that because I'd have to get an account, and I don't want that.

Mmm. Singapore food.