Monday, May 07, 2007

Oh boy! I can hardly wait!

` I just love it when I get these things in my email:

Dear Colleague,

If you are attending the American College of Cardiology meeting in New Orleans this coming week, we invite you to visit The Lancet at booth #3947 to meet Dr Maja Zecevic, Senior Editor of The Lancet's Fast Track team, and pick up free sample copies of our special issues covering research in clinical cardiology.

*********************************************

Fast-track peer review service for original research articles

*********************************************

The Lancet is the only medical journal to offer the Fast-Track service to publish important, practice-changing research in 4 weeks or less, in print and online.

Take a look at two late-breaking clinical trials recently published in The Lancet and available at booth #3947:

- Bivalirudin in patients with acute coronary syndromes undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (GW Stone and colleagues)
- Long-term outcome after an early invasive versus selective invasive treatment strategy in patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome and elevated cardiac troponin T (The ICTUS trial) (A Hirsch and colleagues)

****************************************

Special subscription offers - only for ACC delegates

****************************************

Be sure to visit the booth for free sample copies and to learn more about our special subscription offers. Take advantage of our conference-only 30% discount on a print subscription and receive a special gift. Sign up for a one year online-only subscription for only $75. Or, try a free 3-month trial to sample the high-quality, original research found only in The Lancet.


` Right, because we all know I'm a highly-trained cardiologist!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I once got an email inviting me to take part in clinical studies. I emailed them back to ask them if they required me as a leprechaun or a human. They emailed back with the telephone number of my nearest mental health institution :(

Anonymous said...

Seriously, gareth? Once, I was asked to take part in a study but I didn't because they were going to inject an infectious disease into my veins and I couldn't afford to miss work.

You know I think, Spoony, it would be funny if you went to some kind of medical convention and professed to specialize in treating wackmobiles ;)

Unknown said...

I tagged you on my blog and so I hope you enjoyed it even for the briefest of moments ;)